HR Officer – ER and employee development
A wild path
Salary: £ 26,000 to £ 28,000
Objective and role of the position:
Supporting the HR team to provide a strategic HR function operating across a number of departments in Cumbria and South Scotland, this role is primarily based in Penrith but has a hybrid work element and a requirement to travel occasionally on other sites.
The Human Resources Manager will be dedicated to internal clients, their needs and tasks, and will partner with Registered Managers and their teams to develop and implement best people management practices with an emphasis on l ‘continuous improvement, thus reducing the risks for the company. The main objective of the position is to provide coherent and pragmatic operational HR support in accordance with our company values, company procedures and legal requirements.
- Responsible for providing consistent, business-oriented advice and guidance to management and employees with respect to human resources policy, procedures and practices (e.g., family-friendly leave, requests flexible working hours, etc.), in accordance with established legal principles, ACAS guidelines and internal company policy, guidelines and values.
- Manage a workload on employee relations issues (including; disciplinary, grievance, capacity and sickness absence), advising and supporting registered managers and their teams, in accordance with company procedures and good business practices. In particular, ensure that absence management processes are applied in a robust manner, providing guidance to managers if necessary.
- Manage referrals to our occupational health care provider, general practitioners and doctors, etc. account for any reasonable adjustments or support that may be necessary and to help managers provide a focused, safe and healthy work environment for our employees.
- Support the management of industrial accidents and insurance claims.
- Support the HR Business Partner (Employee Relations) and Human Resources Manager in managing Employee Relations cases as needed, with responsibility for managing low-level emergencies overall of the company.
- Make sure that best practice requirements and business imperatives are balanced so that the risk of ROE is minimized.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all administration and record keeping regarding our employees is managed in accordance with company policy, GDPR, regulatory and legal requirements and that good housekeeping practices are deployed in the use of human resources and the case management system, so that case information is up to date and available to the core HR team as needed.
- Assist the Data Controller in fulfilling their responsibilities with regards to employee access requests, responding in a timely manner to any requests for documentation or other data and applying a professional HR lens to concerns the publication of information or the drafting, under the direction of the HRBP (ER).
- Build a strong business relationship with registered managers and their staff teams, partnering with them to proactively promote people’s agenda and help them identify gaps, propose and implement changes or improvements, if necessary , to cover and mitigate risks related to people.
- Provide coaching and support sessions to managers to improve people management practices in relation to employee relations and contribute to formal management, as agreed with the HRBP (ER). Facilitate the management team to propose the best solutions for the employees.
- Support a culture of continuous performance improvement and drive positive changes in people management processes.
- Assist the HR manager to implement HR processes, some already established and requiring process improvement, others requiring design and implementation and, as agreed with HRBP (ER), take responsibility for updating specific procedures and supporting an annual review cycle to ensure policies and procedures remain up to date and fit for purpose.
- Work with the entire Human Resources team to ensure these procedures are easily accessible to those who need them, applying good management to ensure HR supports a ‘make it easy’ philosophy for all colleagues across the board. do their job.
- Conduct exit interviews with graduates in non-management positions, gathering information and regularly reporting on key topics to HRBP (ER) and the HR manager.
- Support the HRBP (ER), as needed, to manage the annual process of performance initiatives by ensuring effective coordination of timely probation exams, overseeing best practice oversight, goal setting and the assessment process across the organization.
- Support HR projects across the company as directed by HRBP (ER) (e.g. restructurings, changes to terms and conditions, etc.).
- Provide effective and efficient HR support to the entire People team, as needed based on business needs.
- Support the collection of human resource management statistics and key performance indicators for review by the HRBP (ER) and the human resources manager, learning from statistical information, escalating where appropriate and agreeing on plans for action with the company. Work proactively with HRBP (ER) to set and achieve broad personal goals aligned with overall people and organization goals and adopt a mindset of continuous personal development.
We follow safer hiring practices and all employees will need to be eligible for enhanced DBS screening